Monday 24 October 2011

When life gives you chocolate...

...you bake!

When I was sent a box of chocolate bars by Sainsburys last week, my first thoughts were -

1. Wipe the drool off my mouth
2. What can I bake?

Normally I would instantly turn to my beloved chocolate fudge cake recipe (find it here) but I decided to listen to the boyfriend and see what he wanted.  The verdict? Cookies.

So here you go - my favourite chocolate chip (well chunk) cookie recipe - failsafe and delicious!

You will need:


Oh, and...


125g butter
100g golden caster sugar
75g soft brown sugar (mix this with demerara if you like a bit of crunch)
1 egg
2 tsp vanilla extract
150g plain flour
½ tsp baking powder
100g chocolate (milk, plain or white - or a mixture) - chopped into chunks

Heat your oven to 190C and get a couple of baking sheets ready - I like to make these nice and big, and the recipe produces about 12 cookies.

Melt the butter over a low heat and add to the sugar.  Mix until smooth.

Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.

Sift in the flour and baking powder and mix well.

Add the chocolate, mix well and drop onto the baking sheets in large blobs (I tend to do a dessert spoon full).  Make sure they are spread fairly far apart.

Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.  Transfer to a cooling tray and enjoy whilst warm....and try not to eat them all at once!





Next up? I'm thinking rocky road...yes yes? Let me know if you have any baking requests :)

Oh, and if you have a failsafe chocolate recipe, please share!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments x