Monday 22 March 2010

Review - Eyeko Graffiti Eyeliner Pen

Another one of my goodies from Eyeko was the Graffiti Eyeliner Pen in black.


I've been a bit wary of pen eyeliners since I splashed out on Mac's Penultimate Eyeliner last year and being bitterly disappointed. The colour payoff is pretty poor and it takes a lot of work to get a decent line. Not only this, but I'd also end up with flaking eyeliner after a few hours...not good.

So this offering had a lot to prove!

First impressions were good, the nib of the pen is much larger and is nowhere near as dry as the Mac pen, which means it doesn't take as much work to get some decent colour. It has a much nicer, glossier finish - looking more like liner than felt tip. It also goes on a lot smoother, though it is still not as easy to get a nice straight line as it is with liquid liner - but I don't know if that's just me. It took a couple of sweeps and a bit of correcting to get a good flick, which is much more than I'm used to. However, despite taking a bit of work to get right, once the line was there, it wasn't moving. It lasted all day with no smudging and took a bit of effort to remove in the evening. This is where I think pen eyeliners really come into their own.



Top: Eyeko Graffiti, Bottom: Mac Penultimate liner

All in all, this is a liner that will stay in my make up bag, and whilst it won't usurp my L'Oreal Super Liner, I'll definitely reach for this when I want my liner to stay put all day long. And for anyone considering the Mac Penultimate liner - get this instead, and save your precious pennies :)

Eyeko Graffiti Eyeliner Pen retails for £5.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments x