Friday 19 March 2010

Remember Me....


On Wednesday night I was lucky enough to attend the premiere of 'Remember Me' held at the Odeon Leicester Square.

This was the first film premiere I've attended, and I wasn't quite sure what to expect, especially considering the star of the film is none other than Robert Pattinson *cue screams*. But I pulled on my gladrags (i.e. wore some heels) and was met by this...



(I love this poster...ha ha)

Mayhem right? I later found out that some of the girls there had been there since Tuesday night, just to get a glimpse of their favourite vamp...and a quick autograph. You have to admire their dedication!

Walking down the red carpet was a bit of a surreal experience - I say walking, but being a quite literal nobody (compared to the z list celebs that usually frequent these events) it was more like being herded down there as fast as possible. RPatz was just as attractive in the flesh and spent a good hour on the red carpet meeting his fans, signing autographs and posing for pictures. It was really refreshing to see someone who is aware of his fame and makes a real effort to make his fans' night, rather than just doing a quick scoot around and running into the cinema.

Once we got into the cinema we were able to watch the interviews and arrivals outside whilst waiting for the film to start. I've been to this cinema before and it is lovely - absolutely massive but still quite intimate, and with leopard print seats...amazing!

We got a quick introduction to the film from the producers and the stars - slightly awkward I might add - then it was time to begin...only half an hour later than billed.

The film itself wasn't quite what I'd expected - it was much more 'real' and there was less of a focus on the romance, more on the way we deal with tragedies, family and everyday life. It's definitely very sad, but has some lovely sweet moments as well - again, very true to life, which is quite refreshing to see in films these days.

One word of warning - if you're planning to go see this (which I would recommend) don't read up on it too much as you'll spoil it! I knew what happened and it took away from the film a bit - serves me right for being nosy eh?

All in all, it was a great experience - here's hoping more premieres are coming my way and I can slowly claw my way up to the Z list - ha!

(premiere images via getty)

2 comments:

  1. Wow! totally jealous! I read the script for this film a while ago, so I too know what happens but i still want to see it :D

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great experience! I can't wait to see this film, it sounds fab.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments x