Saturday 16 October 2010

Ins and Outs

IN

Autumn Days


The transitional seasons are definitely my favourite - I much prefer the promise that Spring and Autumn bring...full of change and potential! I love wrapping up in my new autumn clothes, sipping on hot chocolate and cooking 'proper' meals.

New Nails


Clockwise from top: Bermuda Shorts, Mint Candy Apple, Haute as Hello, Van D'Go, Demure Vixen, Pink Parka
Thanks to the ASOS sale and the infamous beautyzone2007, I have picked up just a few new Essie colours to add to my rather extensive nail varnish collection. My favourites so far? Van D'Go, which surprisingly applied pretty well (think my new OPI base coat helped!) and Demure Vixen - a lovely shimmery grey toned mauve. Any suggestions for what I should pick up next?

Bright Lips

I've been laying off the fake tan recently and have begun to embrace the pale. This has led to me picking up some of my favourite bright lipsticks as well as a new addition to my collection. Though bright lips can look a bit OTT with a full face of slap, with nude eyes, dewy skin and glossy black lashes I feel I can actually pull them off - even at work.

My current top four are: Givenchy Red Cancan, my perfect blue tone red, Mac Toxic Tale, which I only bought the other day but have already fallen in love with, Mac Impassioned, which I picked up in Florida in June and Mac Pink Burst, a vibrant subtly sparkling fuschia from the Spring Forecast collection.

So what about you ladies - are you embracing bright lips to brighten up these dark nights?

L-R Givenchy Rouge Cancan, Mac Toxic Tale, Mac Impassioned, Mac Pink Burst
As above!

Chocolate

Not to eat...to shower with...this smells AMAZING.


OUT

The annual winter boot struggle


Every year I try and find the perfect pair of winter boots, only to give up. The reason? I am cursed with big calves and tiny ankles, so if I do find a pair of boots to zip up my legs, they almost always end up baggy around my ankles! Last year I bought a pair of short studded Carvela boots which I love...but I am still keen to get some 'smart' boots...so if anyone spots any, please please let me know :)

The Rain

I had my hair cut a couple of weeks ago (I will get round to writing a post about it one day!) and had a fringe cut in...and it's rained almost everyday since. Not good!  Any 'keep fringe straight' tips would be most appreciated :)

5 comments:

  1. Ooh I bet that Original Source stuff is ace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It smells just like after eights...yum :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some wonderful nail polish and lipstick colors!
    I have the same problem with boots,it's been raining over here for so long, I ended up buying rubber boots which are just perfect for this weather, but not really office appropriate. It's such a struggle for me to find good quality leather boots which don't make my feet hurt.

    Have a lovely day!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pink burst looks gorgeous - if a little scary!
    Demure Vixen and mint candy apple look so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha, pink burst is lovely! It is a bit scary in the tube but as it's a frost it can go on quite sheer too...I love it :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments x