Saturday 11 June 2011

A sob story (and a plea)

So you may have noticed the Very V-Team competition recently, and I for one could not resist the opportunity to 'win' a dream fashion job.


I've previously mentioned my sojourns into the fashion world - after finishing my degree I studied fashion journalism at London College of Fashion before taking up internships at Elle, Company, Marie Claire and Jimmy Choo, amongst others.  Sadly, I simply couldn't afford to continue any longer, and was exhausted from working two jobs (I waitressed evenings and weekends), so I had to give up.  The vacancies were near impossible to find (though I had one very exciting interview and alas was too inexperienced) and were almost all filled internally, by those who had been able to stick on and intern until they started to take home a pay cheque.

Anyway, enough of the sob story!  The Very competition is one I would love to win - it offers me the chance to become a Style Advisor for the company for a year and will give me a real opportunity to put everything I've learnt into practice...and get the job of my dreams.

So please, could you do me a massive favour and vote for me?

You just have to go to the Very facebook page - here - and have a look for my name under the VTeam Competition tab - this is what my entry looks like!


Thank you so much in advance.  My chances may not be high but as they say - you've got to be in it to win it hey?

Much love x

2 comments:

I love your comments x