Sunday 15 August 2010

Review - Xen-Tan Perfect Bronze



So this is a very belated review of something I received a long time ago...sorry! You may remember at the end of June Xen-Tan were holding daily competitions on their facebook page and I was lucky enough to be one of the 3 winners on the first day, where a bronzer was on offer.

I have to admit I was a little sceptical of this bronzer as I've previously used Fake Bake's version which usually ended up as a bit of a sparkly mess - would another fake tan company be able to produce something better?

So I was relieved to see a much less glittery affair, and a pretty natural colour, even for my pale skin.

Xen-Tan vs Nars


I'd previously been using Nars Laguna so was keen to see how this compared. Whilst Laguna comes out quite pigmented, the Xen-Tan is much more sheer. As I am so fair it took me a while to get the knack of applying Laguna without looking too bronzed, whereas this is much easier to build up and produces a much more subtle tanned effect. This might be frustrating for those of you with darker toned skin, but I think it's ideal for anyone who wants a subtle buildable glow without looking tangoed.


Xen-Tan Perfect Bronze - right, Nars Laguna - left

All in all, this has taken pride of place in my make up bag and I will probably be pretty upset when it runs out - which brings me to the only bad point - the price! At £20.95 this is not a bargain buy but personally, if like me, you are a bronzer lover this is well worth splashing out.

3 comments:

  1. fab review my dear! :) alos LOVE those clog boots below!! i really wanna buy stuff for autumn but it will have to wait til i get paid! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the clog boots too! I am literally counting the days till I get paid - I need me some autumn clothes :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog name! very clever hah.
    i dont really use bronzer very often, i have that whole pale and interesting thing - i wish! x

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments x